Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Father


John 10:15, 17-18

"...just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. 17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. I have received this command from my Father."

Although the Father is not a character in this passage in the same way as the shepherd, sheep etc., he is referred to frequently by Jesus. This is family talk about Father and Son. They know each other. Jesus is obedient to his Father. If taken one step further, it suggests Jesus' divinity. Jesus' status is one of divine privilege being one with the Father (John 10:30).

Since all the references to God the Father concern relatedness, what kind of intimacy and openness do we have to God's will? Is this a relationship we're nurturing in such a way that we can hear God? Are we listening? How else is it possible to be a leader in God's church?

heart picture

No comments:

Post a Comment